HOMILY FOR THE 4th SUNDAY OF LENT
HOMILY THEME: LORD, HEAL MY SPIRITUAL CATARACTSTHIRD
HOMILY: One of the ancient philosopher, Socrates said why he is wiser than all others “ He knows that he doesn’t know/ see. That’s leave him a chance to learn but he who doesn’t know that he doesn’t know is worse anyone else because there is no chance left to learn”. To be more contextual, the Jews and pharisees in the gospel narrative fell into the category of this group who claim to know and see but in actual sense they are blind ,suffering spiritual cataract to the things of the spirit as it is the case with so many of us who think they have full knowledge of God, trying to understand heavenly and spiritual things in the light of the world.
A blind man can’t lead the other, if he does they will eventually end up in a pit. You will well understand why God rejected Saul from the king and leader of his people Israel on account of series of disobedient . The spirituality of any family cannot go beyond the spiritual involvement of the parents to their children. It is same thing with any nation as regards to election, if you elect someone who is highly immoral, camouflages with the church, what do you expect in that country. It must be God fearing person in order to enact a law that supports morality than legalizing abortion, gay marriages and enthroned immoral
Unfortunately,Most of us leaders, fathers, mothers, teachers are suffering from spiritual cataract and unsuitable to lead others. An adage that says “ Every father is a man but not all men are fathers” “ Every mother is woman but all women are mothers” stands to be true. Because a true leader , mother ,father goes with true legacy.
• WHAT IS THE CAUSES OF SPIRITUAL CATARACTS, THE SYMPTOMS AND THE CHARACTERISTICS
Spiritual Cataracts is a very serious weapon the devil uses to attack the spiritual sight, hearing and senses of believers, this can happen at any stage in the life of believers, it can happen to some believers at the early stage of their Christian journey, some at the middle stage and some at the latter end of their journey with Christ, it is not a guarantee that all believers must have to experience it, most believers do experience this Blindness as a result of
Carelessness to ones faith, jumping from church to the other
Weakness in prayer, fasting
Weak to read the Bible
Inadequate interpretation/perception in studying the word of God
Over familiarity with things of God
Routinal Spirit. Sunday church goers. No Lenten mission, No pilgrimage , No Conference, No seminar( woman seminar)
No association or pious society
No appreciation of the sacraments
So stingy with ones time and wealth
Arguing and over rationalization of the homily
Doubting the revealed mysteries of God
Pride to do anything in the church for God
THE DEFECTS/ EFFECTS OF SPIRITUAL CATARACTS
• Spiritual cataracts can make people have good Revelation and dreams and forget it when ever they wake up.
• It can graduate to the stage of the person saying ; Thus Says The Lord when The Lord have not spoken.
• It makes lots of people to think that they have The Holy Spirit when in reality they don’t.
• Inability to recognize ones helper to actualize his/her destiny when they come.
• Spiritual Cataracts makes people see their friends as their enemies and enemies as their friends.
• Spiritual Cataracts makes people to fall into problems all the time, going to wrong places.
• Spiritual Cataract makes people to study the bible and not get the understanding because their spiritual memory have been white washed by the devil and it’s demons
• Spiritual Cataracts can place people under demonic manipulation and deception.
JESUS IS THE SOLUTION
There is a good news for all that are currently experiencing such Spiritual Blindness, Deafness and Sensitivity, Our Lord Jesus Christ is the solution to all problems, all we need to do is just
1. Acknowledging that things are not normal to seek for solution
2. Understanding the entry point of such Blindness
3. Be humble enough to know that no knows it all
4. Seek for a competent spiritual director or a priest to see with you
5. Being ready retune yourself as you may be directed.
Lord , let me see again
Enjoy your day in the lord. Amen